Bath Iron Works
- Caught toking. Refused a drug test. Suspended. Union negotiated a last chance agreement, but then the company reneged on the agreement, then fired him.
- The work hurts his back. He tried therapy, but it didn't work. They want him to try again. He says no.
Lewiston Daily Sun
- They insist that their newspaper reporters are independent contractors.
- They insist that their loggers are independent contractors.
- He insists that his satellite dish installers are independent contractors.
- They fined him $25 for habitually refusing to put social security numbers on his tax filings. He insists he shouldn't have to. So he took them all the way to the state Supreme Court.
- Churches are exempt from the unemployment tax. Therefore, their employees cannot collect unemployment. She worked for a missionary society.